Sunday, August 14, 2011

T minus 2 weeks

Mid August is here! I'm two weeks into the school year and can hardly believe how fast the time is going! I knew training would be more difficult when I got here and it has been - but I am feeling ready for the big day. I've now hit all my race day mileage for each event separately. I'm very glad I was able to get in as many miles in Colorado as I did - otherwise I'm sure I'd be feeling a bit overwhelmed and intimidated. I've been able to get longer workouts in here, but fewer each week. This week I was able to bike and run pieces of the real course - I rode up the 650 foot bike climb and ran the biggest hill of the run - they are steep, but not as bad as I thought they would be. I feel pretty good about the nutrition, but need to sort out when is the best time to eat snacks on the bike. I think I'm going to end up swimming in my one piece suit and then pulling on bike shorts and a shirt for the rest. Here hoping for a cloudy cool race day - sunscreen just doesn't stay on me! I'll keep working on my tan the next 2 weeks! (-: It has been really really good for me to have an agenda to exercise - but I'm excited to reel back a bit for a while! Two more weeks of tapering workouts! Oh, and my two tri buddies just got engaged to each other! So there should be all sorts of exciting energy to carry us!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Dude!! You are so awesome...what a HUGE accomplishment to just get to where you are. Finding time and energy to train SO much is tough...congrats already. Looking forward to the actual race day for you! PS: remind me when it is so I can be sending you good thoughts across the ocean :)

djrepshire said...

Rock on!! Sounds like you're a machine these days! Wish I could come and watch! Here's to tapering!:)