Sunday, September 6, 2009

Closer!

Every moment is one moment closer for us to get to meet our baby. I am content, but things are happening that make it very real that we should not have to wait too much longer. However, patience is a virtue - because soon is not predictable. Soon could be tonight, soon could be tomorrow, soon could be next Saturday afternoon.

I think I can say I'm in labor, for several reasons - I've been having wicked contractions on a regular basis (every 20-30 minutes) for about 12 hours and they have not stopped. However, if they do stop then I would have to say I was never in labor, but having false labor. Every woman is so different - some go into hard labor immediately and have their baby in their arms in 3-5 hours, others can be in labor for days before the end prize is seen. At this point it is looking like I'm in the second camp - praying for things to speed up so I don't have to go too many nights on 25 minutes of sleep at a time.

So we wait - as patiently as we can - hoping and praying for more contractions that are closer together doing their job of getting everything open and ready. Although last night I kept thinking "why would I be hoping they get closer together, because that means more pain?" Now during the day I think the same thing, but have another logical thought that counters it with "because you want to meet your baby and that is the only way you get to!"

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

I pray your little one shows up soon! If you are doing well with the contractions you are having, I bet you'll do beautifully when the really big moment comes. I always say that I'd rather be in labor than go through the 9 months of pregnancy because labor was never that bad for me but pregnancy was a drag. The pain is manageable and the excitement helps to overcome most of that pain. Well, that was my experience anyways! Enjoy these exciting days even though they seem to go slowly because before you know it, you won't remember what life was life without your little one. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Mindy said...

I am so happy for you guys. You are so close. Baby will be here before you know it and what a beautiful baby s/he will be!!!!

Blessings!