Monday, November 9, 2009

One of those mornings!

After a very long, exhausting and good birthday weekend (2 craft fairs one in Highlands Ranch and one in Loveland and 2 birthday dinners) Autumn slept well last night - which was great - but it meant that I had 20 minutes to get ready for her 2 month Dr. appointment. Luckily my parents were still here and my mom changed and dressed Autumn while I got ready. We ran out the door and I got to the car and realized that the base for the car seat was in Aaron's car - oops. I remembered that I could put it in the car without the base before I freaked out. Then I backed out and - clunk clunk. Oh dear what did I hit - the trash can had been placed behind my car for pickup. I got out, picked up the dumped trash from the street, re-parked it in another spot, had a good laugh and headed to the Dr. office. Dr. visit went well - Autumn is growing well - 60th % for height, 10th % for weight and 6th% for head size. She got her 2 month immunizations and peed out her diaper. I told the nurse that it didn't make sense as these diaper should absorb for a toddler. Sure enough I opened it and and the pee didn't absorb and was sitting on the diaper - not good, not good at all. I came home and checked the other diapers and they are repelling water too! What the heck happened. I'm triple hot washing them in hopes that they start absorbing again. So here's hoping!!!!!!!!!! If you have other advise I'm open ears!

4 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

Glad to hear Autumn is growing well and healthy! I know that you can perform a process called "stripping" on cloth diapers to get them to absorb again. I think it's slightly complicated (more time consuming, rather than complicated) but I never had to do it because we didn't use them long enough to get to that point. You can Google it and find a lot of different ways to do it. Good luck! :)

Rebecca said...

Hi,
You can try to strip them with Baking soda and vinegar. You can find more specific directions on the web. I did this on our diapers and it made a big difference. I also found that i needed to switch to the same detergent for all our clothes and diapers too. The regular detergent for clothes left too much of a build up in the washer. Hope this helps.

Tara Brown said...

Thank you Happy Mama!!!!

Christine said...

Sounds like a fun day. :)
Glad to hear Autumn is doing well.