Monday, October 1, 2012

Puttering Labor

Sunday night: Once again I've arrived at knowing that this little girl is coming soon - just a question of how soon.  I'm having intense contractions - but not close enough together to get too excited and I started loosing my plug yesterday at 2.  So it has been 12 hours and we will hold tight and wait for things to pick up... really really hoping for fewer than 62 hours of labor this time around!   Shall be interesting!

Monday: I called the clinic and talked to the nurse and she said to go ahead and go get checked since the plug is gone (after 3 large chunks came out over night) and I was having strong, but inconsistent contractions.  So we went, mostly because I'm Group B pos and I don't want to show up too late and wasn't sure on the protocol for how early they would start the antibiotic. (Group B is the #1 killer of healthy babies and the antibiotic greatly reduces the risk to the baby and I'm allergic to Penicillin, so I have to take another antibiotic that has a longer time between the 2 doses).  After playing 20 questions, the nurse checked and  I'm only at 2cm, 80% effaced and -2 - so things are progressing, just very slowly!  Walking did not make anything happen, so they sent us home to wait until the contractions speed up.  Now we will wait until they are 5 mins apart for over an hour before going back - no clue when that will be!

No comments: