Sunday, September 19, 2010

Funny Differences

between the first time and this time...

Last time we came to Hawaii it was our first time being on the islands. After living here for a while and returning after a break, we can now look back and laugh at a few things when we arrived!

I don't say 'all what' 5x when someone says 'all Pau'
We no longer call Alii - Alielie or Hale - Hail
The sodium lights are still weird, but not confused with the stop lights
Unfortunately I still did not learn to reapply sunscreen frequently when I have no base tan and again I am fried )-: Opps...


These differences are not funny - but nice!

We have friends and friends with toys (-: (but of course they are not friends because they have toys)
Our friends greet us with "Welcome Home" after we finish talking about how homey Kona feels.
We know where most things are and can follow directions without saying "I think they said a word that starts with a P."
The ocean is not as scary.
We know where we want to go to church on Sunday Morning.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Hmmm.... I like it all except the 'welcome home' part...only b/c HI is TOO far away to be home!!! But I am glad you are back and having a great time. Love you friend!