Sunday, December 26, 2010

Moving on...

Another transition - always exciting and yet quite a bit of work (to narrow a whole house down to what fits in a single car and pack and clean). I kind of thought that after the floors were steam cleaned and we left the house I would feel instant relief or the excitement of change. I don't know if it was because we drove straight to family Christmas time or that there is still a bit of work before we get Aaron and my dad on the road to Washington or that I will be working full time until early March? Or maybe it isn't really feeling real yet - or maybe it is more routine than I would like to admit . We have packed up a home and moved 5 times in the last 4 years.

On our drive to Glenwood Springs last night Aaron and I tried to wrap our heads around what the next 18 months will hold. Getting to spend some precious and rare time with my best friend from grad school, taking Autumn overseas for the first time, and preparing to and hoping to grow our family of 3 to 4. One foot forward into the adventure - we really hope to fully enjoy and appreciate each step of the journey.

Here we go.... Aaron leaves tomorrow and Autumn and I will join him in Washington Tuesday!

No comments: