Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Recap

What an amazingly blessed year the Lord gave us! A year of many unexpected changes and a lot of fun! It was our first year start to finish with a little one and it has been absolutely amazing watching her grow and change into a little toddler!

We started the year out with Aaron working for a small marketing company and me thinking about going back to work 12-16 hours a week. By the end of January God heavily changed our path - Aaron quit his job to start a Web Services Company and I went to work at the hospital down the street PRN. After working 2 days the primary therapist tore his ACL and I could pick up as many hours a week as I wanted (I tried to work less than 3).

In early February we all flew out to Portland for Aaron to attend a Business as Missions conference while Autumn and I checked out the city. For many years we have felt that God may lead us overseas and it was good for Aaron to see and hear first hand how Business and Missions are being used to reach people across the world. Autumn and I also got to spend an afternoon hanging out with a friend and her son along the river and down town.



In March we decide to commit to spending a weekend a month in Glenwood Springs where my parents live with me working PRN at the hospital. It was nice to do lunch with my mom at work a couple of times and we always enjoy the time spent in the beautiful canyon. Nana spoils us, Granddad takes us to the hot springs and red mountain is out the windows! We are also able to help a little bit around their house with projects.

In May Aaron's paternal Grandma Vi went to be with the Lord. We were able to travel to Montana to attend the memorial and visit Aaron's loving family and even meet some family I had not yet met.

June began the summer of travel! On the same day my nephew was born in Maryland, Autumn and I flew together to Washington to celebrate the birth of Mara and honor Grace's 2nd birthday. In July Autumn and I hit the airport again together to see her new cousin Eric! We had a fabulous time relaxing, helping out and also getting to go to the national zoo and fun pub in DC. In August we hit the road as a family! First family road trip - we saw so much, visited many friends and even froze a few nights together (-: Zion to Vegas to Death Valley to Yosemite to Tahoe to Redwood to the Oregon coast to Olympia to Rainer to Pullman to Montana to Yellowstone and home again!


September we celebrated Autumn's first birthday in Hawaiian style and collected 2 full boxes of generous donations to take to the local pregnancy center. A few days later we caught an airplane to Hawaii!!! We dream of being able to share our love of the warm Hawaiian ocean with our children! Autumn absolutely loved the water - hanging from a Va'a splashing, playing on the SUP, running on the beach and into the waves! We all had so much fun and enjoyed all our friends that we miss so so so much!!



October rolled in the second Wacky Warmers season and then until Christmas is a bit of a blur. Aaron has been staying very busy with his work, I continued to work 2 days a week at the hospital in Loveland and doing 1 weekend a month in Glenwood and I some how made about 400-500 hats! I will admit this was done in the wee hours of the night or occasionally with baby sitters - as Autumn is a full time job when she is awake! (-; Aaron and grandparents graciously helped with Autumn while I did 6 craft shows. I learned a lot, bought a serger and will figure out a Wacky Warmer game plan when I get back in 2012.

Until 2012? In about October we sealed our plans to take off again. God lined everything up so nicely - as of right now we plan to be here in Pullman, WA until mid-March, in Hawaii mid-March to mid-April, in Thailand and Myanmar for 12 days, back in Colorado May until mid-July and then on a school contract in Hawaii for the 2011-12 school year. Each stage has it's own purpose - all in all it is a kind of unusual way to live - but we enjoy the life style and it helps to meet our life and financial goals.

We moved out of our home the 23rd and spent a couple of days celebrating Christmas with Aaron's family. We then drove to Glenwood on Christmas day and spend a couple of days resting and relaxing with my parents. On the 27th Aaron and my dad drove our 2 cars to Washington and Autumn and I flew out of Aspen (which was the same price as flying out of Denver - crazy) on the 29th to meet Aaron in Spokane and drive to our new temporary home! We are so so so so grateful to the Watsons for taking us in for awhile! I started work on Wednesday and will be working 32-40 hours a week for 10 1/2 weeks at a local Skilled Nursing Facility. As all travel jobs have been - it is sure to be an adventure!! Besides the somewhat scary winter drive - the rehab manager resigned and had his last day Thursday and the other OT put her resignation in on Friday! Pray for me (-:

Happy New Year!!! God Bless 2011!!!

No comments: