Wednesday, September 5, 2012

35 weeks


Time is flying!  I've had good intentions to write a pregnancy post for about 3 weeks. We've put about 3500 miles on the car since the last post between Dr. appointments in Loveland and a wonderful 2 week vacation to Oregon and Washington!  We've stayed so busy that sometimes I run my belly into something and it reminds me that we are getting so close to finally meeting you!  You are one active little babe in there, I'm so curious if that will continue once you are out!  We had a Dr. visit in early Aug and then again last week.  My belly has measured small since 29 weeks and it is finally small enough that Dr. Slack wants an ultrasound just to make sure you are doing alright.  Since Autumn was only 6 pounds and you are so low in my pelvis, he isn't worried, but we need to be sure you have enough amniotic fluid and that you are growing alright.  Likely you are just low and small - which would be great!  We'll have the ultrasound on the 10th after another Dr. visit and then we will head to Loveland and stay until you are born on the 19th.  You really will be here before we know it!  


How far along: 35 Weeks

Size of Baby: about 18 inches and 4 1/2-5 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 27 lbs


Maternity Clothes: Yes!  Everyday! Luckily a couple of friends have loaned me some shirts, jeans and skirt to give my wardrobe a bit more variety!

Gender: Baby Girl!!

Movement:  All day long it seems that you are stretching out - I feel your feet on my side every 10-30 minutes.  My whole belly gets hard and I can feel your behind and feet pushing in opposite directions. I think it is your knees I'm feeling around my belly button and often times I can feel elbows or hands really low in my belly.  I've felt hiccups a couple of times, but it seems to be many fewer than Autumn had. Last Thursday I had a Dr. visit and he said you are really really low in my pelvis.

Sleep: Fairly well - I have a hard time going to bed which is a combination of my night owl preference and the fact that you push, jump, and kick pretty much solid between 10-12 pm and I need to pee 3-5 times during that time as well.  After I make it to bed I'm sleeping about 3 hours at a time and then needing to pee.  Since returning from our vacation I've started having leg cramps that wake me occasionally as well. Not to bad though! 
Symptoms:  Peeing all day long and some low belly pain if I'm too active the day before - like playing chase with Autumn (-:  I occasionally have mild reflux if I eat something too acidic.

Best Moment This Week:  Autumn kissing, hugging and talking to you through my belly and daddy feeling you kick.

What I'm Most Looking Forward To: Newborn cuddles, learning about your personality and watching you and Autumn be sisters


1 comment:

Christine said...

You're getting so close Tara! How exciting. You look great. :)