Thursday, November 12, 2009

Diapers Ruined!

I was really hopeful that today's post would say "Problem Averted!" After all the washes, dishwasher detergent scrubs and 2 washes in the dishwasher, a soak in Borax and another 2 washes to get the chemicals out - I've given up hope that the Bumgenius pocket daipers will ever be absorbent again. Luckily the inserts are still absorbing, so the wrap/liner with pockets have officially become wraps instead of pocket diapers. It is a bit upsetting that Butt Paste in one diaper and on a few cloth wipes washed with the others ruined my entire set. )-: I do have prefolds too, so I will hopefully be able to use them and the microfiber Bumgenius inserts inside the diapers. I'm hoping for the best and praying away leaking problems!

So lesson learned the hard way - diaper rash cream is deathly to fleece liners inside pocket diapers, let anyone diapering your child know how to use the flush-able liners when using creams and wash all cloth wipes with diaper cream on the separately!

No comments: