Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Arrggghhh...

Okay -
Bumgenius liners are still repelling water... I've washed them 10 times, soaked them in oxyclean with no luck. I'm pretty sure zinc oxide is the culprit - however it was only on one of the diapers without a liner used because I forgot to mention that a liner needs to be used. However - all 12 of my liners are now repelling - did washing them spread the problem to all of them? Ughh...

I keep reading 'ruined' when I search getting zinc oxide out of the fleece liners.

Rebecca - did vinegar baking soda take out diaper cream?

I've also read to give Dawn a try and scrub with a grout brush?

I want to rip my hair out - well - maybe not - but what a frustration. I'm going to get rid of all of my zinc oxide creams - does anyone that uses disposables want it??

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's awful to hear. When ever i had to use zinc oxide cream i put disposables on the kids. I don't know of any way you can get the cream out of cloth. I have used dawn in the washing machine and it helped a lot with repelling in the microfleece liner of my bumgenius OS. I didn't have the energy or time to hand scrub each diaper.

Are you using pre-folds? If so I have a bunch you can use that are in storage in CO. We'll be out there the weekend after Thanksgiving and I can get them for you.