Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quotes that Stuck

I have no idea why this came to mind - but I've been trying to remember specific conversations that have stuck throughout the years.

"You should really play volleyball and basketball next year." Mr. Tate - 6th grade science teacher

"We are so proud of you." Mom and Dad - throughout childhood

"Good work good and faithful servant." Jeff Seacrest - Youth Pastor in reference to a friend of mine who became a Christian.

"Your voice doesn't sound very good." Melody - 6th grade choir

"Cheek to Cheek." Amanda - 7th grade while learning a box defense

"Don't think about it, just shoot." Coach Pro - 10th grade

"I love you." unfortunately, quite a few boyfriends that obviously didn't last.

"It will always make sense." Mr. Adams - 3rd grade referencing math

"You don't want to be a ditch digger, do you?" Dad - throughout school years

"Blahhhhh..." - Chad - pinning me down and acting like he was puking on my face - throughout childhood - and still makes be gag to think of it.

"You don't want to be a doctor." Mom - later HS years.

"I think you'd be a really good OT." Mom - later HS years.

"Knowledge is Power." A bookmark I got from the library in HS.

"My way or the highway." My not so nice HS volleyball coach.

"We love you." Mom and Dad and all my grandparents - all the time

"I think about God all the time, it won't escape me - I'd believe that Old Testament stuff, but Jesus, I don't know about Jesus." A good friend the summer after HS.

"Stay where you are." God - when praying if I should continue dating my now husband.

"You will do well no matter what you choose to do." Dr. Patton - freshman honors physics teacher.

"Are you going to be a Kingdom builder?" - Campus Crusade conference

No comments: