Sunday, September 11, 2011

Randomness

It's nap time and I had a minute to look through and edit some photos! Ones that got forgotten and would have likely made the cut for previous posts and updates.

Denver Butterfly Pavilion!




Rosie the Tarantula!


Hugs good bye!

Grandma's sand box


Update on life -
Well, I'm now the mother of a weened two year old! Crazy and exciting! She is my pride and joy - we have so much fun!

I'm going to start volunteering at the Pregnancy Center here in Kona on Thursday evenings. Will likely be teaching Christian classes on pregnancy and parenting! Super excited about this!

Finding a routine - before the triathlon, I just tried to get as much exercise in around work and family time as I could. Two hour bike rides in the early am, swims, runs... I'm happy to move on to a more relaxed exercise schedule - but have to get the momentum started again. Thinking 1 swim and 2 runs - one shorter and hilly and one longer each week. Aaron wants to start exercising more too! Excited to find a healthy groove for the family!

Another family member - I haven't been real secretive in telling people that we hope to add another member to our family soon. This being said, it will be interesting how well I can keep the secret once we know we are pregnant but not yet ready to tell the world! I'm not really good at secrets, but we will likely want to hear the heart beat before we tell everyone the news. I'm really excited and eager to have news to this share. We are ready - God is in control.

Scary - yesterday we went to Kua Bay for sunset. Nothing really bad happened, but close enough that we will never again have Autumn on the beach with any water coming in and out, without her in a life vest. I took that stance when we were here on vacation in March/April and kind of laxed up here as we've really only played in calm bays and keiki ponds until yesterday. We need to know that if she gets pulled out of our arms or someone turns their back, that she will be on top of the water and be easy to spot and rescue! Sigh....

Even though we had another "power of the ocean" moment - we did enjoy dinner on a beautiful beach, Autumn loved the water and rock climbing behind the beach. We then went to the county fair at old airport - got to see a Hawaiian concert, the animals, watch the lights, see some side shows and ended with a funnel cake and reggae!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Just wanted to say I'm still here and still enjoying reading your blog. :) I can't believe Autumn is 2 already! I'll be excited to hear when you have big news to share! :)