Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Prayer


We've been trying to be real good about including night time prayers into our routine the past month or so. I wish I could say for the past 2 years... our routine used to be to nurse her to Brahms Lullaby in Hawaiian, and she was usually out before I finished. We have been trying to be real good about bath, snacks, teeth, books, prayer and then lullaby. Sometimes Autumn wants to pray and so we help her by having her repeat us. Tonight I asked if she wanted to pray and she said yes. I asked if she wanted help and she said no.

Her prayer went something like this - "Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for God, Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for Daddy, Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for making my owie better, Thank you for making my owie better, Thank you for making my owie better, Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for Daddy, Thank you for Mommy, Thank you for making my owie better, Thank you for Nana, Thank you for Papa, Thank you for Ella, Thank you for toys, thank you for Lily, Thank you for kitchens, Thank you for Nana, Thank you for Josh, Thank you for Josh, Thank you for Lisa, Thank you for Josh and Lisa. Thank you for Ella. Amen"

No comments: