Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sigh....

Today has been one of the harder ones. Aaron and I had a rough morning. Autumn still has a weird bump in her diaper area. Then I show up to day care and they tell me that Autumn has been aggressive to the other kids - biting, scratching and even broke the skin on another child yesterday and today. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? This does not describe my child at all. Not to say she is not capable of such things, but what is going on? They said she was doing it to protect toys and she would walk up to them and attack them for a toy. Where did she learn this behavior? Where is the adult supervision proactively preventing it?

My gut was to just tell her that we would not be returning, but I thought I best talk to Aaron first. This adds to the list - Autumn has been there 10 days - the first week she got a huge bruise on her head from the swings, a yeast infection (not being changed often enough), and sunburned. This week she came home with 2 scratches on her diaper line that they couldn't explain and didn't notice and then today's aggression news. We are done! Inconvenient, loosing the rest of the money we paid for the month and completely relieved to be walking away. We were hesitant after the first 3 days to even pay for the next month and now I wish we had just walked away then. So hard to predict. First we need Autumn's basic needs better taken care of. Second she must need better supervision at this time to properly learn to interact with other children. Biting and scratching can not be tolerated and she needs someone right there to instruct and teach her. I don't want her to experiencing being the aggressor when it is possible no one has eyes on her - no more no more. The couple has 5 toddlers and one infant in a fairly large area - there is no way she is being watched all the time.

We will be headed to the doctor's tomorrow. The red bump in her diaper area is a bit more red and not healing. It is looking much like the staph pictures of a boil. )-: Hopefully it is the easy to kill kind. I need to quit reading about it... MRSA is nasty, nasty stuff.

I must go to bed and try to actually sleep.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh, so sorry you are experiencing this! I pray that the infection will be easily treated and that you will find a fantastic daycare for her soon where she can thrive. And I pray for peace of mind for you and Aaron! We tried daycare with Karamea when she was 2-4 months old and eventually there were just too many red flags and we pulled her out too. I'm sure we would have found a good one had we looked, but Mark stayed home with her as a temporary solution which turned into the state of things today.

Mindy said...

Oh, Tara! I am SOOO sorry! This just breaks my heart. I can't believe that they would let it get to the point where she was hitting or bitting. Something must have really been off...no supervision. Praying for healing, a quick recovery in terms of behavior and that God would provide the perfect solution. Poor girl!