Monday, January 2, 2012

Conversations with Autumn

I've been trying to write our 2011 year end review in my head - but tonight I wanted to write down some of the things Autumn's been saying.

Tonight she pooped at the restaurant and on the way to change her I asked if she felt herself needing to poop and if she could have told me to take her to the potty. Her response was, " Mama, they don't have potties in the restaurant."

Trying to get her down for bed tonight she crawled up to cuddle with me and laid her had on my chest and said quietly, "Mamas milk?" (side note, she has not said a thing about mama's milk since I weaned her in September) I told her I didn't have any milk anymore, it went away when she turned two. Then she asked, "milk come out of your nipples?" I replied, "not anymore." She said, "Daddy has milk?" "Nope, only mommies have milk for their babies. Like the baby dolphin was drinking her mammas milk tonight." (she wasn't there when this happened - so I'm still clueless where this all came from.) Autumn, "Oh, babies drink mama's milk. I'm still a baby." Me, "But mommy doesn't have milk anymore." "Okay." Off to dreamy land she went.

Today at the beach she say some birds pecking in the sand and said, "The birds are eating the sand.... (pause) that is pretty disgusting."

Papa came and sat next to her on the bench, "Papa be careful and don't fall off." Papa said okay. "Don't fall there or there or there or there (pointing) and not on to the ground either."

Autumn got a really cool layered body puzzle with an educational book with it from her aunt, uncle and cousin. She has done the puzzle about 40 x since Christmas and has us read the book each night. One of the pages talks about the body taking nutrient from our food and getting rid of the rest. Expecting to get to explain more to her, I asked, "do you know how are body gets rid of the rest?" She quickly replied, "We poop!" I asked everyone there who taught her and nobody knew. It is a mystery how she picked that one up!

1 comment:

Christine said...

She's so cute. LOVE these stories. I especially liked the one about the birds eating the sand and telling her Papa not to fall off anywhere. She seems to be quite the funny character. She and Ellie would get along very well. :)