Monday, January 23, 2012

3 Foot and Glassy

Technically it was more like 2 foot and windy - but it was such a nice evening. Our friends that live in our building have invited us out to their surf spot multiple times and it just hasn't worked out for us to join. This weekend we committed and had such a nice time. It is a whole group of friends that has children and surfs together at Pine Trees. We all brought potluck food and took turns with our spouses surfing. The waves were smallish and I wasn't sure that I wanted to paddle out. Then my friend talked about taking the kids out. We had Autumn's life jacket, but hadn't taken her out before so I wasn't sure about it, but wanted to try! My friend showed me how to paddle with her on the front of the board and took her on her first wave. No standing is involved, so it is a bit more like boogie boarding on a surf board, but it is a fun ride! Autumn crawled over to my board and we rode a few more. Daddy headed out, I think mostly because he was nervous - but it turned into a really fun family surf session! After a few more waves Autumn asked to surf with Aaron and so we switched boards and she rode with him. We even paddled together and they rode next to me while I popped up and rode one in. It was so much fun and she just loved it! Even the water in the face as we'd paddle back out didn't bother her. She's a charger! We have no photographic evidence of the surf session or the whales on the horizon as the sunset! It was such a fun evening with new friends, fun waves, and whales - definitely makes us want to keep going back for more!

No comments: