Thursday, April 26, 2012

16 Weeks

Time is a flying!  The last four weeks flown by and I am now very very happy to be into the 2nd trimester.  I have more energy and don't feel nauseated all day - got to love that!!!!  Today I had my 16 week visit and everything looks good! Baby's heartbeat was a healthy 145 bpm.  I was eager to hear it, as I've had 2 bouts of food poisoning in the last 10 days.  Talk about bad luck - and it wasn't even high risk foods!  Dried fruit and coconut flesh that shouldn't have gone bad as fast as it did.  Oh well....   Hoping it is the end of that for the rest of the pregnancy!  I still haven't gotten a side picture yet - I'm wider, but certainly don't look pregnant to the unknowing eye.  I'm hoping to get a special sarong tomorrow to use as a backdrop and start doing side shots soon - otherwise this kiddo is going to wonder why Autumn's pregnancy got all the pictures and theirs has so few!

Here are a few stat questions I stole from Christine's blog:
  
How far along: 16 Weeks and 1 day.

Size of Baby: about 4 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 ounces

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 5 since December and still weigh 3 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight with Autumn.  Seems strange, all I can figure is that I've lost muscle - and I certainly can't attribute anything to me being super healthy lately - other than surfing I haven't exercised and I eat whatever I want.  I hate that I crave sugar even more when I'm pregnant and I haven't been terrific at telling myself no.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. My tight jeans are a bit uncomfortable, but otherwise everything fits fine.

Gender: I'm letting Aaron decide if we will try to find out at our diagnostic ultrasound - he is still deciding and I'm not counting on him making up his mind until we walk through door to the machine.

Movement: I occasionally feel like I can feel the baby jump like in the 12 week ultrasound, but then I think oh, maybe that was just gas. When I was sleeping one night Aaron said he was holding my belly and praying for the baby and felt a jump.

Sleep: Doing pretty well. We are all going to be fairly early, but I've been able to stay up a little longer some nights.  I do get up and pee 1-3 times each night though. Luckily I sleep hard and it takes me no time at all to start dreaming again!

Symptoms:  Sore, itchy and growing chi chis, growing belly, gas, acne...  oh the fun stuff!

Best Moment This Week:  Hearing the baby's heartbeat

What I'm Most Looking Forward To: Newborn cuddles and watching Autumn be a sister


1 comment:

Christine said...

Glad to hear the pregnancy is coming along so well!