Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's Happening

In less than a week we board a jet plane headed for our island home.  Seems crazy, a bit surreal and so so so exciting!  I just read a post I wrote a year ago about our plans to head back after the 2012 Holiday's and the time has come.  It is a funny thing moving to Hawaii - nooooo one has sympathy for us (which they shouldn't, but if we were moving to Oklahoma or something the comments would surely be different)!  I can't really explain why Hawaii has grown on our hearts - and it isn't purely because of the idealistic weather, warm ocean and year round outdoor play activities.  It is our community, where we belong - we really feel it is where God wants us for the foreseeable future.  We hope and plan to make nice long visits to Colorado when we can and will miss the family and friends we have here. 

Here are the details.  We land Feb 9th and stay with some dear friends that have room for us until the 16th.  I hopefully do an orientation day at my new part time job on the 11th if my background check clears in time.  We are pursuing a rental at this place - Kanaloa - which is walking distance to my job.  I'm feeling blessed and crazy spoiled that it is in our price range!  Other units the same price are not nearly so nice, on the ocean or this close to my work. My good friend will check it out on Monday and give the thumbs up or down - if it looks good it should be ours starting the 18th.  Hopefully we can get settled and find a new groove that works for all of us as we are going to try to not use daycare and have me go in super early.  It should be interesting (hopefully better than we are currently imagining) for Aaron with Abby in the morning.  She is currently not taking a bottle very well and I will be gone for about 4 1/2 hours.  If it doesn't work then I will likely split my day and go back during afternoon naps to finish my hours.  Off we go!!!!  Praising the Lord and trusting him with our next steps!  (oh I forgot to mention that I'm still researching my dream of building a small home on Walua Rd.  - the lot I want is still available - we will be oh so busy if we are able to get that underway!)

No comments: