Wednesday, July 1, 2009

30 weeks



We've been home in Loveland for over 2 weeks and are still getting settled in. I hit it hard the first week and have now slowed down, just getting a little done here and there. Aaron has not showed signs of slowing - he continues working hard to get all the projects on the list done. Today he put a second shelf in our closet that I wanted. I'm so grateful that he is working so hard and is motivated to get the house ready and looking good. I wouldn't say we forgot how much work having a house is, but we sure did enjoy taking a 2 year vacation from house projects! We've had so much help from parents, family and friends and are grateful for their time and energy. We got things together enough to have a family barbecue on Sunday night - somehow our little family with a few visitors was 18 people! It was a nice house warming and made it feel like we are really moved in and living here.

Our baby is growing and I can hardly believe that we have only 10 weeks to the due date. On Monday we got to meet our delivering doctor. He seems really great! The whole medical scene here is such a stark difference from the clinic in Maui - friendly staff, a nice waiting room, nicely painted walls, decor and fun pictures all over. It is refreshing! At this point, the only medical annoyance is that the insurance company ran out of card stock to make my insurance card and thus has not mailed me my "home away from home" insurance information - which is now over 2 weeks late in arrival. Oh well - I wouldn't believe it if a dealing with the insurance company went smoothly!

Everything with the baby looks good. The heart beat was a little higher this week and the doctor asked if he could guess and he is guessing girl! He was able to feel the baby's head on the right side under my belly button. I've started to have braxton hicks contractions this week and the baby is still moving all over. I giggle every time I feel a kick and look down to see my tummy dancing. I should be scheduling my diagnostic ultrasound here in the next couple of weeks just to make sure all the babies organs and spinal cord look good. The baby is so big now, we are hoping that they do a good job keeping the pictures modest so we can be surprised when the baby arrives!

We've started our 12 week Bradely course in Fort Collins. Our teacher graciously started the class the week we arrived so that we could hopefully make it through before the delivery. We are enjoying it thus far and there is one other couple attending with us that is due the same week we are. It is very infomational and we are looking forward to being prepared with knowledge, relaxation techniques and a sense of strong teamwork for the big day!





No comments: