Saturday, July 18, 2009

A good day!

Aaron went backpacking and so for the first time in I have no idea how long, I spent the entire day by myself. After I took him to meet up with his ride at the crack of dawn, I came back home, drank a glass of milk and slept until 11am. Yes it is true - 11am!! Then I got up for breakfast or lunch?? I finished my much dreaded project of entering every transaction from the last 6 weeks into Microsoft Money and organizing the receipts for the random returns we have from all our house projects. Then I laid in bed to read and spent a nice time watching my tummy dance, poke out and move around. I read more of Dr. Bradley's book and caught up on more random things. Then I felt bad for the dog's lack of exercise and took her for a long walk and caught up briefly with a good friend. Now it is getting dark and I'm grateful for a nice day alone - it may be a very long time before I get another!!!

On other fronts - we are thankful that Aaron had very good 1st and 2nd round interviews with a small marketing company in Windsor last week. After working at the surf shop in Kona - Aaron came to appreciate the creative applications required of their potential employees. So in preparation for his interview he built a sweet rocket (which ties in with the company's name) and put icons on it that represented what he would bring to the company. He then inserted his resume and references into the body. I may be biased - but he is a clever marketer and would be a great asset to any marketing team. We are awaiting news next week and hoping they offer him a job. It would be remarkable timing - just as we are finishing up all our major house projects. God is in control and so we will be content either way - but we are hopeful!!

No comments: