Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Super Preggy Smoothie

I've been making lots of smoothies lately and have been trying to figure out how to get my green leaves in without having to taste them. Just kidding - I don't mind the greens, but this is a great way to get the benefits of spinach without having to eat a salad! The flax adds Omega 3 fatty acids. Here is the calorie break down - it is like a whole meal!!
Every ingredient is on at least one of the pregnancy super foods lists!!

Calories 518, Fat 14, Cholest 16mg, Sodium 358mg, Carbs 84g, Sugars 84g, Fiber 15g, Protien 22g


Super Smoothie

1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup frozen spinach (which you can't taste)
3 Tbsp milled flax
1/4 cup vanilla natural yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup skim milk (add more or less for desired consistency)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Mmmm, I may have to try this one. I have been making lots of smoothies as well. Gotta get that protein!!