Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Deeper Journey

I've been reading this book with a friend and it has certainly gotten my attention! The Deeper Journey is all about a life completely and utterly sold out for Christ. Walking step by step in His ways, with His spirit and for His purposes. We are not to be our false selves or our religious false selves that do things to impress others or out of fear, but to be our Christ selves that serve, obey and transform in order to build His Kingdom. It is a journey for sure to get deeper and not live on the surface! Praying for continued transformation, a new more compassionate, loving, graceful heart - that only lives to serve God and others! A life that is only achievable by giving it all up and dieing to myself - a daily battle to let God take over, take control and guide every step!

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

This sounds like an excellent book and certainly the only way! I think I'll check it out when I'm due for another new book to read. Truly living life for Christ, without all the "showy-showy" stuff is the way He intended us to live. May your journey will be blessed as you seek Him more and more each day, friend.

Christine said...

Sounds like a really good book. You'll have to tell me what you think of it. Good for you for taking the initiative to read something like this.