Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quote of the Day

"If you enjoy reading with your children, wonderful. But if you skip the nightly book, you're not stunting their intelligence, ruining their chances for college or dooming them to a dead-end job. The same goes for the other dilemmas that weigh on parents' consciences. Watching television, playing sports, eating vegetables, living in the right neighborhood: Your choices have little effect on your kids' development, so it's OK to relax. In fact, relaxing is better for the whole family. Riding your kids "for their own good" rarely pays off, and it may hurt how your children feel about you."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704289504575313201221533826.html?mod=wsj_share_facebook#printMode

Hoping to let God guide my parenting, to relax and enjoy the ride as much as I can! I still plan to offer the best I know - good food, a life in the outdoors, lots of educational opportunities... and to try hard follow the commands to not be anxious, to love fully, not to fear and know at the end of the day I did the best I knew how.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Amen! What a great quote! I'm back in town now and hope to see you and lil miss Autumn soon!