Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Icky Sicky

Well - here's to a nasty summer cold )-: The post in my head is somewhat of a vent - this cold has knocked me a good one. Coming off almost a year of being cold free - I ponder this stage in life - did not really expect this part of it. I knew that Autumn touching and mouthing things would lead to her catching a few colds and building her immune system - we try to limit the icky things that go in her mouth, but this is an impossible job. In addition to her building her immune system - I guess I am too... I didn't realize that I would get sicker than she a lot of the time. She catches something, then 2-3 days later I'm sick too. It seems that we've been sick every 2 weeks for about 3 months. As normal as it is, I'm sure ready to be well for a while. This one has hit me the hardest - I've had a runny nose since Thursday, can't lay down flat, have taken many many hot showers, am on 1200 mg of Musinex to prevent my tendency to get sinus infections, drinking apple cider vinager through out the days (yes gross, but everything I read says it works?), and now it is in my lungs, I sound like a frog and have missed 3 days of work. Autumn and I were supposed to go to Baltimore tomorrow to meet the newest addition to our family, but I've moved our tickets to next week in hopes that my ears don't explode on the airplane and that I can actually cuddle the sweet little guy!

When I worked in the school system - a cold did not prevent me from working - I'd just try to keep my ickys away from the kids. However, now working in the Acute part of the hospital - working sick is just not an option - for them or me. So I will keep sipping my tea, steaming my airways and pray that each tomorrow is better than the yesterday!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I hear you, Ellie and I are currently fighting a cold too. I wasn't prepared for being sick so often either. Hope you get well soon.