Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Simple Granola


Autumn has been on a granola kick lately - she loved the Trader Joes Ginger Granola. We don't have anymore - so I've been mixing peanut butter and rolled oats and she likes that too. I decided to give toasting some a go and it turned out great and with a whole lot less sugar! I didn't measure anything - so it is all an estimate - add more oats if it is too wet or more peanut butter if it is too dry.

Add 1 cup rolled oats, 1/4 C ground almond, 1/2 C no sugar peanut butter, 1/8 C dried and sugared ginger in a bowl and mix well.

Add 1 egg

Grease lipped cookie sheet and spread mix out

Bake at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes

Addendum: I tried adding cinnamon and ground ginger in another batch - good stuff!!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow! That sounds so yummy! I love granola and that seems like a fairly inexpensive and healthy way to make it!

djrepshire said...

This definitely sounds like something we need to try! I just need to find some of that special ginger you mentioned! How's the training coming along?? I'm volunteering with a race in a couple weeks and thinking of you!