Sunday, October 30, 2011

Your body does what it is trained to do

I ran a race I probably should not have today. I don't regret it, as I wanted to see the area of the island it was on. It was absolutely gorgeous with mountain and ocean views, singing birds in the dry forest and nene all over the start/finish area. I'm also glad I didn't get too hurt. As I painful climbed (maybe 1/2 jogging and 1/2 fast hiking) the 1200 feet elevation gain, I kept thinking "I should not expect to feel any better than this because I haven't really trained." I have maybe done 5 runs since the triathlon on Aug 28th, the longest one being about 4.5 miles. I kept my heart rate up the whole time, but didn't push too hard. I did get over zealous as a down hill runner was catching me and I tried to speed up only to roll my ankle (-: Luckily it wasn't too bad and was okay if I kept a moderate speed running. Anyway - back to training. I keep coming back to how important time usage is. I will become what I train to be. My main rolls in life should dictate my time use. I feel like I've been pretty okay at mommy training, health training and job training - but my child of God training and wife training have been lacking lately. Today was a nice reminder from God about the importance of these things... may I spend more time training with appropriate effort towards all the most important roles in life God has given me.

No comments: