Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A week of Thanksgiving

One of the blogs I read posted this exercise - I think I'm going to try it and wanted to share it.

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/uploads/AWeekofThanksgiving.pdf

Here is the introduction to give you a taste:
God’s Word teaches that thankfulness ought to be a way of life. But in the reality of our daily lives, it is so easy for discontentment, murmuring, complaining, criticizing, or even bitterness to displace the “attitude of gratitude.” Cultivating a thankful heart will result in speaking thankful words. But we all need periodic reminders to be thankful, and, for most of us, developing the habit of thankfulness may require some practice! Here are some practical suggestions for devoting one week to practicing thankfulness. You may even want to include the whole family in this project.

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

I am doing this too! I just passed it on to all of my family members for them to check out too. It's something that I needed SO badly, especially today. I tend to get caught up in all my problems and forget to praise God in ALL situations. I hope you are blessed by it, as I'm sure Patrick and I will be!