Saturday, November 1, 2008

I've been tagged

My friend Ashley tagged me! Here's the rules and here's my response:


1. This is random, but on my mind tonight as I clean - "I hate mold!" I've been fighting it everyday here in Hawaii - it is in my closets, it is in my car, it is under the drawers in my dresser, it makes my comforter stink... it is everywhere. I fight it and it sneaks right back. I love the tropical weather, but with it comes mold and bugs. I will not miss the mold (or the bugs) when we move back to Colorado.

2. I was telling this to Aaron the other day and he said I should use it the next time I play 2 truths and a lie. But I think this is as good of a place as any. It is one of my most embarrassing moments. In Occupational Therapy school I taught 2 semesters of medical terminology. Now, if you've taken this class you know that some of the stuff is embarrassing to read about, let alone give a lecture about it to 120 students (most of which are my age or older). I was giving the lecture on the good old digestive system and out of my mouth came. "And last, but not least is your anus - it is a sphincter muscle that keeps things from coming in." Laughter from all. And then I corrected - "oh I mean keeps things from coming out, or I guess it is good for both." I'm sure I was as red as red could be.

3. I have a fear of settling down in one place. I love moving, it is so fun to be all over the place. I've always had an end date. Undergrad ended 5/2004, Grad School ended 12/06, first contract ended 10/07... you get the point. I love having an end date, and a date to start something new. The idea of being in one place and not knowing when it 'ends' is a bit scary.

4. I'm a total adrenaline junkie - I have slowed down in may later 20's and take fewer risks than I used to (which honestly is probably a good thing - my parents praise the Lord that I got married because they think Aaron helps me make better decisions - and they are probably right) I love the feeling of falling. I bungy jumped 333 feet in Zambia, skydived 12,000 ft in New Zealand, have jumped off many, many cliffs into water, love rock climbing, surfing and skiing. Please don't send this to my life insurance company (-:

5. I've had malaria. Opps ... I was on anti - malaria pills, but the dang paracite didn't seem to care. After 5 days of pounding headaches, sleeping 14 hours a day and not being able to help in the House of Moses nursery I finally went and got tested. Three days and some TLC from a missionary family and I was back to new.

6. I'm so thankful and blessed to have both sets of my grandparents be servents of the Lord who raised my parents to love the Lord.

7. I'm the most blessed girl in the planet - my husband is a servant leader that loves God first and then me, my family is the greatest (this of course includes my in-laws who are the greatest in-laws ever) and I could not have asked God for better friends. He always provides brothers and sisters to love and be loved on - all over the world. Thank you God!!!

I'm breaking the rules with Ashley - only 4 tags!
I'm tagging Connie, Kendra, Elyssa, and Jenn

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

I am laughing out loud! Too funny!