Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness for Divine Goodness

Happy Thanksgiving a day early!

On another blog I follow, someone wrote the definition of Thanksgiving. The most profound definition was "thankfulness for divine goodness."

Divine goodness - although I don't believe that everything here on earth is "good." I do believe that God works everything for good for those that are called his children.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

I think that this is how we can give thanks for and in all things, even here on earth. It is because God uses bad things to create goodness - divine goodness for his children. He is able to take pain, suffering and extreme hardship and somehow work them for good. I have no idea how this works, but I have confidence that His Word is true and that I can take joy in knowing He will do what He says He will.

I pray that each one of you - my friends - are able to celebrate Divine Godness tomorrow and everyday of your life.

All my love, Tara

1 comment:

djrepshire said...

Thanks for sharing! I think we've experienced a little bit of this this past year and a half!