Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why I Love Blogging

Blogging: A blog (a blend of the term web log)[1] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

To me blogging is both the creation of my own online journal and the reading of others. My own blog is a way for me to journal about my life for my own record, keep family up to date and interact with my friends.

Additionally, almost every night I come to blogger.com to check and see if anyone has written a post I'd be interested in. Most of the blogs I follow are friends, but I also follow a couple of missionaries and other topical blogs that interest me. Through written updates, pictures and video clips I maintain contact and get to know my friends in a way that is otherwise not possible. I'm often encouraged in my walk with Christ from others posts and am able to pray for needs that I may have otherwise not known about! I also learn new things about parenting, crafts, cooking or what ever happens to be on other people's minds. Like tonight I learned about how cutting diary has helped several mommies significantly reduce the fussiness of their babies and read a verse on God's comfort that is very applicable in my life right now too.

So to those of you who are in my blog world - thank you - I appreciate all of you! We are in this journey of life together!! (-:

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love blogging too and I love everything you said about it. Great post. :)

Kendra said...

I totally agree, Tara! And I have had a potential post floating around in my mind for a while that expresses those very sentiments. Blogging has been such a blessing in my life, both in connecting with others and as a journal for me to look back at. I'm so glad you're my friend and blogging buddy! :)