Sunday, March 11, 2012

Different Pregnancy...

I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday and I am quite ready to be done with this first trimester. With Autumn, I remember being exhausted, even taking short naps in the car before meetings because I couldn't possibly keep my eyes open. However, I never had anything that even closely resembled morning sickness. This new baby is a different ball of wax. I'm a 2 to 5 out of 10 nauseated all day long. I still feel like I have no room to complain, as many women puke through the a lot of their pregnancy. It isn't like that, I never feel as though I may actually puke, I'm just super uncomfortable. It is worse between 5-8 at night and nothing seems to help - lemon water, crystallized ginger, snacking... well, actually engaging conversation or activity seems to help as my brain forgets my body feels nauseous. Last night was the worst yet and I went to bed at 6pm and slept until morning except to do Autumn's night time routine of puzzles, prayers and songs at 8. All things in life are temporary, so I know this will pass and that is encouraging. I'm very thankful that I have a husband that has stepped up and helped with what I don't feel up to, very glad it doesn't interrupt work, happy it doesn't greatly interfere with my appetite and glad that it seems that this is otherwise a healthy pregnancy. I'll jump on the bandwagon that says morning sickness means good strong pregnancy hormones. (-: (although I would take a pregnancy like Autumn's with none of this in a heart beat too). I am excited that in 2 weeks we'll have our first OB appointment and get to hear the heart beat together as a family!

No comments: