Friday, March 2, 2012

7 weeks

Written 2/20

Tomorrow I will be 7 weeks pregnant with this new little one! Today I finally got into my primary care office to get an official pregnancy test and have the GYN check to make sure everything looks good. She even showed me my cervix in a mirror and had me feel where my uterus was - pretty awesome! She said it everything looks great, gave me forms for blood work and the diagnostic US. She sends the referral to the OB/GYN's in Waimea so I can schedule my first appointment with them. What a contrast from my first pre--natal Dr. appointment for Autumn. Somehow again I ended up at the community health center, but this time the nurse was so so so nice and friendly. The Dr. was also super nice as well as thorough and showed/ let me feel everything too. A nice contrast to Maui 3 years ago! I've heard nothing but great things about the Women's Center in Waimea - so I'm sure I'll be happy with their care as well.

Also on Thursday because I wasn't sure when we'd actually get to see the OB. I had my friend at the pregnancy center (who happens to be a Dr.) do a quick ultrasound to see the heart beat. Crazy that at 6 weeks 2 days this wonderful baby has a heart beat. She said everything looked like it should and that the baby was 2 millimeters big. Two millimeters with a heartbeat! God's handiwork is so astonishing! We are so excited to watch this sweet baby be knit into a beautiful child!!!

Here's our wee wee wee peanut!


Sharing the news: On valentines morning we told Autumn she was going to be a big sister because there is a baby in my tummy. It took her most of the day to seem to grasp the reality, but after explaining that she could be a helper after the baby is born by getting he/she a binky - she seems to really get that a real baby is coming. After work we Skyped with family that was still awake and tried to have Autumn tell them - she did pretty good! Since then we've been slowly leaking the news to friends and family. The only person Autumn clearly told was Rebekah - as she asked what we did for valentines and Autumn responded "There's a baby in the belly." Super cute!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

How exciting Tara! I'm just a couple weeks ahead of you, due 9/22.