Monday, March 12, 2012

Grumpy Mama )-:

Grumpy mama days are tough, they're days I’m not very proud of. I feel like I’m raising my voice all day. A few poor decisions or ears that are not listening very well lead to me getting frustrated. Dollies go in the closet and time outs are had. Unfortunately for both of us, our personalities clash. The frustration doesn’t help Autumn be a better listener or more obedient – it leads her to try everything in the house that she knows she is not allowed to do – pull on the blinds, stand on the surf boards, throw things… sigh. Then grumpy mama gets grumpier. I wonder "am I too harsh? Is the impulse control of a 2 year old good enough that I should expect her to follow the rules she knows?" Likely it is a bit of both, I should have these expectations of her - but should be slower to anger myself. She was put to an early nap, after some prayers and a nap myself - maybe we will wake up kinder people.

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

He he he! I cannot help but laugh that your daughter does naughty things like standing on surf boards! My kids wouldn't have a clue what a surf board was! I love it {not the naughtiness but the surf board element}!

Hang in there. Those days are part of the character building process for Autumn and for you. It's all part of the plan, written by the Author of life. :)

Mindy said...

I understand these types of days and they are SO hard. Praying for grace for both of you!