Monday, August 17, 2009

Almost full term!

I'll be full term on Wednesday! These last 8 1/2 months have completely flown by - especially this summer. Now all the summer events have passed and I need to pack our bag for the hospital, put the car seat in the car and finish up all the little things around the house. My sister in law held a fun baby shower for me this weekend and we got spoiled rotten. We are so appreciative to friends and family for pitching in and getting us set up!

So.... I saw the Dr. today and everything (blood pressure, baby's heart rate, my weight gain, no swelling) looks really good - except for my tummy is measuring small. Every visit they measure from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus and this height in centimeters should roughly correspond to your weeks gestation. I had been right on until about 34 weeks and now 2 weeks later I'm still small - so the Dr. wants to have an ultrasound just to make sure everything is okay. He did not seem too worried and said it is likely just a positional thing, but it is worth looking into - just in case it is something more serious like not enough amniotic fluid or the baby is not growing. So, I'll schedule the ultrasound for this week and we will be pray for the best and good decisions based on the information provided!

No comments: