Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good News

I had my ultrasound yesterday and found out from the Dr. today that everything is just fine. Baby is growing, placenta looks good and there is plenty of amniotic fluid. Even though I knew the chance that something was wrong was extremely low, there is so much peace in knowing. I think it added stress for me that my Dr. is going out of town for the next week, so if we did need to make any decisions, it needed to be before tomorrow. Praise the Lord, now we can just wait for the baby to make up his/her mind when would be a good time to come into our world.

I am not surprised, but I again found out that being patient is so hard for me. The ultrasound technician said that my Dr. office should be able to access the screen with in an hour of it being read. So I assumed I would know if it said everything was good or not yesterday. I called my Dr. office to let them know when it was complete, called again yesterday afternoon to find out all the Drs had left for the day and then this morning I talked to the nurse. Finally this afternoon they were able to tell me it looked good. In this age of instant gratification and instant knowledge, waiting 28 hours to know if I can wait contently for my body's timing or if they would want to induce labor, was not very much fun.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am so happy to hear everything is ok!

Congrats!