Sunday, August 9, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

This weekend we celebrated 6 happy years of marriage! It is a bit crazy - walking down the isle, saying I do, eating Pecan Caramel Cheesecake and dancing the night away does not seem like it was that long ago! We had a nice relaxing time in Estes Park talking about the past and the future, hiking up Lily Mountain, eating yummy food next to the river, strolling through town, sitting next to the camp fire, getting jetted in our own cooled down hot tub and feeling the baby kick and move all over.

Here are a few of our best moments during year #5!

1. Finding out we were pregnant in our Kealakekua Ohana
2. Celebrating Aaron's 30th birthday
3. Evening walks on the beach in Maui watching the whales
4. Surfing together
5. Moving back into our home in Loveland





My crazy day!

Friday was our anniversary day and it was a crazy day! I felt like super women at the end of it. We found a Honda Accord here in Loveland that we wanted the dealer to check out and so after I dropped Aaron off at work I took it to Fort Collins for a full look over. It passed with flying colors! (oh, I gave up on the CR-V, we decided a civic or accord would be good for now). The couple selling it for their daughter were not going to be home until evening so I drop the car back off, got gas, picked up eggs and then went home to spend hours in the kitchen. Between 11-4 I made a homemade pizza, a cake from scratch (I wanted to do this for our anniversary and probably should have skipped it, but oh it was yummy!), sweet potato fries, packed all the food for the weekend, did all the dishes from cooking, packed our bags, took a shower, packed the car and took off to go get Aaron at work. We then stopped at the bank, got the money for the car, signed the bill of sale and took our our new car to Aaron's sisters for the weekend and then finally left for our anniversary retreat! I think I'll pass on anymore days like that for a while and take it easy until this little one comes along!

I'm now 35 1/2 weeks, am having more and more braxton hicks contractions and am getting bigger and bigger. This weekend I looked at a picture we had taken and gasped - "Wow - do I really look that big!" The comments continue and people are flat out funny around pregnant women. One guy asked my if I had 3 months left, which I replied nope only 5 weeks, then he said, oh - my wife is bigger than you and she has 3 months left. It was her 3rd pregnancy! At Walmart this week a guy refused to let me put my own groceries on the belt out of my cart. I bet he would have loved to see me carry them all into the house in one trip when I got home (-:

No comments: